Florence is not only beautiful, but also a incredibly romantic city, especially when you are with someone you care about. Together with your loved one you can enjoy a walk along the Arno river at sunset, enjoying the terrific panoramic views and walking through the most characteristic city neighborhoods such as San Frediano and Santo Spirito.
Italy is a country of romance, and Florence is a city that exemplifies it in almost every way. Here are top 10 things to do in the city with your significant other:
- Stay in a great hotel– Grand Hotel Baglioni, or see other good options here – https://booki.ng/2tZ1XDO.
- Enjoy a walk on the Ponte Vecchioand along the Arno river at sunset
- Climb to the top of Brunelleschi‘s cathedral dome – the view will leave you breathless
- Stroll through the Boboli Gardens
- Take a “Florentine Gondola” for a romantic and unique cruise on the Arno river
- See the sunset from Piazzale Michelangelo– arguably the most popular and most beautiful view of Florence
- If you are an active couple and want to get outdoors, a bike tour is one of the best ways to make sure that you get the exercise that you need. I recommend Bike Tour: Florence and Countryside of Tuscany or Bike and Bites: Small Group Florence Art and Street Food Tour.
- Intimate dining in Santa Croce square
- Classical music serenades– intimate theaters in Florence provide the perfect setting for an evening out with your loved one; For example, catch the enchanting chamber music at Teatro Goldini
- Spa treats at Montecatini– romantic couples can truly indulge themselves at the natural hot spas in the peaceful town of Montecatini between Florence and Pisa, about an hour’s drive away.
P.S. This one recommendation comes from my perpetual love of Italy and you should try a cooking class, at least once while visiting the country, whether you are with your better half or travelling alone. Here are some Viator recommendation for Tuscan Cuisine, but the food is different depending on location so be careful not to fall in love with the food instead of each other 😉
P.S. This article contains affiliate links. This means that if you decide to buy something by using any of these links, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me keep this website free and fun. Thank you!